Fireworks start fire at Rider game

Jumbo screen turned off as fire is put out
Reported by CJME staff
Change text size: + -

Rider fans went to Mosiac Stadium hoping to see some fire in their team Friday night, instead they saw a real fire start close to the field.
 
Shortly after kickoff at 8:00 p.m. a pyrotechnics box on top of the Maxtron overheated and caught on fire.
 
The large screen was turned off for a short time as the blaze was quickly put out by city facility operators.
 
The game between the Roughriders and the Calgary Stampeders was not delayed and the Maxtron was not damaged.

[email protected]
Follow on Twitter: @CJMENews